Sunday, February 15, 2015

Finding the Right Church

Finding the Right Church Will Make All the Difference!

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25 (KJV)

 

had been looking for the right Church for our family since we moved to Ohio. I had tried a few but neither my husband: Dan, nor my eldest son: Logan wanted to attend the Churches that I was attending. I felt it was important for my whole family to attend a Church together. There were many times that Logan attended these Churches with me, kicking and screaming of course. I just knew that it should not be this hard to get my family to give just one day to our creator.

The changes in our family have been amazing since finding the right Church for us……….

Logan has done a complete 360. I never wanted to admit it but he was becoming an angry child, he did not listen to me or to his father, and I could tell that he was going in the wrong directionI am not going to go into details but will say that as he was getting older it just seemed to be getting worse. I was losing control with my little boy who has always had such a big heart.He was hurting, he was depressed, disgusted in himself. He cried a lot and would lock himself up in his room. He later confided in me what was going on. The influence that other children in Middle School had on him, the way these other children were making him feel, scary! He was not being picked on, quite the opposite. He was pretty “popular”.  But he felt like he had to follow the crowd, even though he knew it was wrong and it was making him feel terrible. I am sure that a lot of them were, are feeling the same way. I cannot tell you how relieved I feel that we have found an outlet for him, that bringing him to God has showed him what is important and what is not.

From day one, walking into the RIGHT church has made all of the difference. ……

Instantly Logan went from kicking and screaming toI am staying the whole day at Church. Almost every week we leave for Church at 9 a.m. and Logan stays with another family for the whole day and does not get home until around 10 p.m. on Sundays. That is how much he loves being at the right ChurchIt is hard to put into words the changes that have taken place. I can see that God has something big for Logan and I am not just saying that because I am his mom. The leaders in our church see it too.

Logan no longer worries about fitting in with others that may be on the wrong path. He is now thinking about ways he can save them. He prays always, he faithfully reads his Bible, in fact he reads it daily, and has got farther than most adults I know. He is always asking questions and doing research on the Bible. He has been getting rid of all things that he feels is not pleasing to God, including games! Logan has gone from being pretty shy to leading in prayer. He has decided to start learning the drums, when before he wanted nothing to do with learning any instrument. He is no longer depressed or locking himself in his room. When he cries now, it is because he is happy and praising God. Oh yeah and he is doing much better at listening to his father and me. He is still a pre teen!

I wanted to share Logan’s story with you because maybe there is someone out there who will read this who is having the same issues or who knows someone who is going thru a difficult time. Finding the RIGHT Church makes all the difference.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment